Saturday, November 2, 2013

Connie's First Blog Post

Hello!
This is my first blog post EVER!  I felt inspired to learn how to blog because this morning I made the best butter pecan fudge I have ever made. Smooth and creamy. I needed a fourth flavor for our fudge sampler and the lucky winner was butter pecan.

Here's the large box fudge sampler: Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Chili Chocolate and Peanut Butter

As the family tries to re-adjust with Alan working full-time, I thought that I would start to take on the farm business.  It's a lot of work but with help from friends and family I think that I can do it.  Here's my plan:  First, I am learning the fudge making process and monitoring the Local Harvest store site.  Next, I will take on full animal care but this needs some infrastructure development.  More on that later. Third, I have signed up to sell fudge and crafts at the St. Andrew's Christmas Bazaar in Columbus on November 9.  Come and visit us on Saturday and you can see (and buy) some fudge, hand-dyed silk scarves and handmade ornaments.
If you have any ideas for new fudge flavors please let me know.  Someone already suggested butterscotch.
Thank you so much to everyone who keeps us moving forward!
Sincerely,
Connie and the rest of the Roost

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis