Friday, July 18, 2008

Farm Camp - 2008

Farm Camp has started here at Roberts Roost. Five days dedicated to kids enjoying the best of farm life. It's small, only seven kids plus our two, and most of them will only be here for a short time. But, it is a chance for kids to run free, enjoying the space and the animals we share our lives with. Here are some pictures from this morning. I think they capture the spirit of our camp.

Chickens in the mist


Morning Feeding

Bringing in the milk goats


The milk comes from WHERE?

Milking

More pictures and stories to come as camp progresses.

1 comment:

Barbee' said...

Hello Alan, these atmospheric photos are charming. I appreciated your comment on my recent post. I know how busy you are, so I feared you would not be back to see my reply. I copied it and will paste it here as well.
Copied reply:
Alan: What a lovely thing to say. I thought of you and your family when we shopped at Farmers' Market yesterday. Several vendors had flowers, and of course the herbs, vegetables and fruits were so aromatic and beautiful! One person was selling "farm ice cream", I asked if it was goat's milk ice cream, she said, "No". They line up along one side of Vine St., downtown, for about 2 1/2 to 3 blocks. We shopped there the previous Saturday, too. I wish they had an indoor place for their market. It is bad when they work so hard to gather and prepare their harvest, arise before dawn, travel in, set up, and then if the weather turns bad shoppers do not come. If they had an indoor area the market could run the year round, too.

I also wanted to tell you that I printed the photograph of your child carrying milk bottles and the baby goats running along with her: post, Happy May Day. I think it is so cute and full of motion and youth. It is on the refrigerator along with the photos of our own grandchildren.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis