Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Day After

Market Day is exhausting. I know there are people who thrive on the energy and interaction with people, but for me it is the opposite. I'm not a people person. I'm pretty good one-on-one, but crowds do me in. Today, the day after, I was looking forward to rest, quiet, and a bit of good food and fun. No such luck. We had canning to do, fudge to make, church, chores, and prep for the coming week. No rest for the wicked today. We sold out of fudge yesterday. Orders keep coming in so we have to make more of everything. That's at least 8 hours of fudge making plus cleanup, prep, etc. That needs to be woven into a couple hours of basic chores, church, family meals (which all have to be prepared - interrupting the fudge making) and canning. I'd have skipped the canning today, but everything was ready and my help starts back at her real job tomorrow.
Sweet Pickle Relish

Time to "get-er-done". So we did. We didn't get all the fudge done. That will take me a couple more days. But we did do everything else. We put up sweet pickle relish and pickled beets. We made zucchini bread to freeze for later. We did all the chores, went to church, ate, and managed to have fun in the process.

Tomorrow is "back-at-it-day". Full on getting things done. Nice to have had a restful weekend to gear up for the week ahead.

1 comment:

Barbee' said...

Hi Alan, I'm not a people person, either. It drains me. My extroverted husband will never understand. In spite of that, you seem to be doing remarkably well, congratulations. You still amaze me and I love reading all your posts. We were at dinner with our local family members on Friday night. I told them about your fudge venture. Before I joined them for lunch Sunday, I jotted down all the info you posted about your and CC's decisions, the two that didn't work, and the judging. I shared that with them at lunch Sunday. Now that was something different for our table-talk. Everyone was interested to hear how it went. Congratulations to CC even though she couldn't win a prize.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis