Monday, May 21, 2007

A Little Black Rock

We have been busy at the farm. Some days I feel like I just finish some chore and it is time to do it again. Milking, Mowing, Weeding, Teaching, Dishes, etc. Busy is good, but every once in a while I get some time to reflect. This past weekend was one of those times. Our family joined the Relay for Life team from church. Twenty-four hours of walking to raise money for cancer research. It was a long day, full of fun and full of time to think about those we have lost to cancer as well as those who we hold close as they battle every day. It is not a subject I usually spend a lot of time thinking about. For me it is the deep dark blackness that lurks at the back of my mind. I scares me to death, not for my self, but for my kids.

As I walked and thought about the deep black I realized that there was another aspect of it besides fear. One of the things I get is the motivation to live life now. I am reminded that life is a very fleeting thing. Death is with us in every breath so we must learn to live each breath to its fullest. I have a little black rock that I carry with me to remind – Life/Death in every breath.

Laugh, Love, Live, NOW!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis