Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bottle Babies

Tired! I'd forgotten what work newborns are. Our girls are going to be bottle babies. It's a lot more work, but we are planning on using some of Daisy's milk ourselves and we want the babies to be bonded to humans not other goats. That makes training a lot easier later on. However, they didn't let me sleep much last night. The first 48 hours are critical to their later development, and a lot of work for surrogate parents. They did make it through the night without a problem (other than needing to be fed a couple of times). They were up and jumping about this morning. It's amazing how fast they get up on those feet and start running around.

They got to jump about a bit this morning without their fancy coats on. The coats help keep them a bit warmer in our damp, drafty world.

I didn't get my greenhouse work done yesterday. Looks like I wont get to it until Monday. This is how I get so behind on things. Sometimes I think I should focus on just the animals or just the garden. I could never chose though, and we would really miss what ever we quit doing. So, we live with somethings running just slightly behind schedule (at least we hope it's only slightly behind.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis