Friday, October 3, 2008

Splitting Wood

Now that the fair is over (Yeah!!!) we are trying to get back to the projects that got put on hold for the past two weeks. Today we started on the wood pile. I rented a splitter for the day, and J, R and I worked all day at it. I think we split and stacked about half of the winters wood. Unfortunately the splitter had to go back to the rental place. I have it reserved again for mid week. I should be recuperated by then. Apparently, I'm not as young as I once was.


A wee bit of wood to split

Starting

The beginning of a stack

Good helpers

4 comments:

Shibaguyz said...

Oh man that brings back memories. Even recently (before they switched to pellets) we used to help Jason's parents split wood. His dad actually built a wood splitter. Glad we don't have to do that anymore... we feel your pain...

Alan said...

You are lucky to not need to do this. Still, it is better than spending $4000+ on fuel oil to heat this old barn for the winter. Hope you don't actually feel my pain. Walking will be a chore tomorrow. Guess 50 is getting too close.

Anonymous said...

LOL...That is one the advantages to having three sons age 18 - 22! They split wood and I only have to pay them in food! We heat our house primarily with wood, and supplement with pellets. I like your covered wood area...we use the good old-fashioned tarp method, can you say UGLY? Kim

Anonymous said...

Imagine what you'd feel like if you had to split all that *by hand*. My ex-FIL used to split 10 cords of wood by hand every fall. He was a big man, but that's still a whole lotta wood!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis