Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cold day = grumpy farmer

What a miserable day. According to my min/max setting on my thermometer it got up to 33 deg. F today, but I didn't happen to be out when it was that warm. Yesterday's snow was still hanging around, making my feet cold and keeping the animals in the barn. Mostly they were happy to lounge around out of the wind and eat the hay I've been stacking in the barn. (Only two more truck loads to go, but that will have to wait until they eat a bit more.) Miss Brigid, however, was not happy to be stuck in her stall. She wasn't interested in going out either. Mostly she was grumpy. That didn't make brushing, cleaning hooves, cleaning stalls, etc, any fun for the kids and their grumpy dad. It all eventually got done, school got finished, choir practice attended, wood stacked inside to keep us warm through the night, etc. Now it is time to prop up my cold feet, sip a nice Merlot, and enjoy the fire and a good book. (Actually I'm perusing the Johnny's Catalog that came in the mail today. Dreaming and planning.) Close your eyes and join me.

6 comments:

Robbyn said...

Hey, I just got my Johnny's catalog, too, yay!!! No merlot here at present...just a cold root beer. :)

Amy said...

Your plans to relax after a hard day sound pretty much perfect :)

Daphne Gould said...

Yes! I haven't gotten my Johnny's catalog yet but since you have, mine must be just around the corner. I can't wait. Though I'll be sipping tea to try to keep my cold at bay.

Anonymous said...

Ughhhh I am so jealous...have the fire, have the grumpy farmer (that would be me), have the drink...but darn it I don't have my Johnny's catalog yet. You have no right to be grumpy, at least you have reading material.

BTW, thanks for the award. Now I've got to figure out what I have to do, something about picking more blogs?

Heather said...

Oooph, I feel for you. Just my morning chicken routine has started to involve a lot of huffing and puffing and cursing and sticking of hands in armpits. Here's hoping the cold lets up a bit soon!

jack-of-all-thumbs said...

Yeah, you pulled together the key ingredients to drive away the grumps. I hope it helped.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis