Friday, March 13, 2009

Greenhouse update

Planted the final succession of salad greens in the greenhouse. Everything is doing very well. Can't wait to have fresh greens again.

The peas are starting to stretch. I don't know how long I will let them stay, planted them mostly as green manure, but is sure is fun to watch them grow. I'm sure some of them will make it to harvest.

In the propagator I have five flats germinating. Mostly herbs for the potager, and lettuce for the grow pipes. I also am starting a few tomatoes and peppers to plant in the greenhouse for the summer. They will go in the ground at least a month earlier than the outside ones and will produce earlier and longer due to the extra heat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, tell me more about the propagator, please. It looks very interesting!

Ali

Anonymous said...

Looking good. And, neat!

Rowena said...

I love the look of that set up! Mine is just a mess of...seedlings all over the living room and outside on the picnic table. Look forward to when I actually stick 'em all in the ground!

Anonymous said...

It is fun to watch peas grow- I love the flowers. Pea shoots are wonderful in salads- gives that pea taste. I've grow them in summer just for the pea flavor in my salads- flowers too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis